The Internet book of life : use the Web to grow richer, smarter, healthier, and happier /
"No matter what the goal might be, from financial management and vacation planning to finishing homework and keeping in touch, there are quality Web resources available for free that can help individuals and families--if they know where to look. But who has time to find and evaluate them? This...
|Main Author:||McDermott, Irene E., 1959-|
Medford, N.J. :
Cyber Age Books,
xxi, 296 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- The librarian's secret
- The basics : quick lookups and computer tips
- Relationships. Catching love with the net : dating sites ; iDo : weddings on the web ; UnDo : web help for divorce
- Parenting. In development : pregnancy and parenting on the web ; Data download : kids and homework ; Higher e-ducation : websites for teens and college
- Money and home. E-buy : shopping and saving ; Hardware : DIY and home improvement on the web ; Applications : finding a job using the Internet ; Hard drive : buying and repairing automobiles
- Amusements. Virtual vegetables : websites for growing and preserving food ; Dedicated servers : cooking and dining websites ; Remote access : travel on the web ; Fur E-friends : Internet information for pets
- Staying healthy and happy. Anti-virus : online medical and health information ; E-xercise and E-ating right : diet and fitness on the web ; Tech support : self-help and support groups ; Latency : help for procrastination and productivity ; E-lation : using the web to feel happier.