Dogfight : the greatest air duels of World War II /
Fighter pilots are the elite of the elite. It can take years of training to produce a fighter pilot and even longer to produce a plane that is worthy of their skills. Yet a dogfight can last only minutes.
|Other Authors:||Holmes, Tony.|
Oxford, UK ; Long Island City, NY :
352 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps ; 25 cm.
Table of Contents:
- The battle of Britain: 1940, Spitfire vs Bf 109E
- Battle for the bombers: Europe 1943-45, P-47 Thunderbolt vs Bf 109G/K
- Tooth and claw: duels over China, 1944, P-40 Warhawk vs Ki-43 "Oscar"
- Dueling for the Reich: Germany 1943-45, P-51 Mustang vs Fw 190
- Last combat over the Pacific: Japan 1945, Seafire vs A6M Zero.