Chasing the moon : the people, the politics, and the promise that launched America into the space age /
In 1961, President John F. Kennedy proposed the nation spend twenty billion dollars to land a man on the Moon before the end of the decade. Stone and Andres reveal the unknown stories of the individuals whose imaginative work across several decades culminated in America's momentous achievement....
|Main Author:||Stone, Robert, 1958-|
|Other Authors:||Andres, Alan,|
New York :
xiii, 359 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Prologue: July 16, 1969
- A place beyond the sky (1903-1950)
- The man who sold the moon (1952-1960)
- The New Frontier (1961-1963)
- Welcome to the space age (1964-1966)
- Earthrise (1967-1966)
- Magnificent desolation (1969)
- The final frontier (1970-1979)
- Appendix: After a few more revolutions around the sun.