Seduction : sex, lies, and stardom in Howard Hughes's Hollywood /
Howard Hughes was obsessed with sex, power and publicity, and he used his power to trap, abuse, and/or benefit women who dreamt of screen stardom. From promoting bombshells to his contentious battles with the censors, Hughes-- perhaps more than any other filmmaker of his era-- commoditized male desi...
|Main Author:||Longworth, Karina, 1980-|
New York, NY :
xii, 543 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Hollywood before Hell's angels, 1910-1928
- Introduction: the Ambassador Hotel, 1925
- Billie and Jean, 1928-1936
- Hepburn and Rogers and Russell, 1932-1940
- Life during wartime 1941-1946
- Terry, Jean and RKO, 1948-1956
- Hughes after RKO
- Epilogue: life after death.